At Beaches OB GYN in Jacksonville Beach FL we are proud to be able to provide a full range of gynecologic services for women of all ages.
We offer diagnosis, treatment and evaluation to women. Our practice includes annual checkups and well woman visits to routine Pap smear and additional procedures offered in our clinic. We also in partnership with a nearby hospital, Baptist Beaches Medical Center, to be able to provide surgical procedures in a safe, hospital environment.
We are located steps from beautiful Jax Beach, and we have two doctors and one nurse practitioner on staff with years of experience treating women’s health needs.
Some treatments we offer:
- Infertility: we work with women and families to help determine any likely causes for infertility and best treatment plans in case of infertility needs. We can help with family-planning and other fertility treatment options
- Wellness consultations: one of the most important Doctor appointments a woman can have is an annual wellness exam to include a yearly pelvic exam and routine Pap smears. These exams are important to assist your doctor with early detection and screening for infections, abnormal cell growth, and any other possible diseases that carry potential life threatening concerns. Annual exams are recommended for all women over the age of 18 or those that are sexually active. This is one of the most important steps women can take for their health and well-being.
- Sexual health and wellness: Sexual health counseling is provided to cover the overall well being of women in regards to their sexuality. For medical purposes this often relates to testing, prevention, and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. But also includes counseling for reproductive health along with any sexual issues you may be experiencing. We provide women with information to help them ensure a healthy and happy sex life. Other sexual well-being evaluations we are concerned with are painful intercourse, heavy or painful or erratic periods, STDs, any undiagnosed pelvic pain, and menopausal transition
- Contraceptive care: We offer women and families birth-control methods depending on their needs and taking into consideration lifestyle, current health, and any previous experience with birth-control they may have had. We provide you with knowledge and recommendations but ultimately leave decision-making up to you and your family. We assist with making the best choice for your needs.
- Adolescent gynecology and counseling: for a young woman her first gynecology exam should be a positive experience. At Beaches OB/GYN we have providers that are sensitive to a young woman’s health needs and issues. We take pride in counseling and taking the time to listen to their concerns and questions. Adolescent gynecology health issues can include menstrual problems, pelvic pain, ovarian cysts, and counseling regarding Gardasil immunization (for preventing HPV).
Surgical and outpatient office procedures include:
- Intrauterine device placement: and counseling for family planning.
- Subdermal contraceptive placement: this contraceptive implant is a reversible long-acting form of contraception.
- Essure and AdianaTubal occlusion: provides women with incision free birth-control methods. We recommend counseling before hand to ensure that this permanent form of birth control is in your best interest.
- Laparoscopic partial and full hysterectomies: our gynecologists are experienced medical professionals who have performed more of these procedures than any other gynecology group in Jacksonville Beach. We provide comprehensive care for women in need of partial or full hysterectomies. Our doctors are also experienced with the robotic da Vinci assisted technology popular in hospitals today. Some of our procedures are done in our office and will have you walking and performing normal daily activities within a day or two.
- Infant circumcision: although considered a minor surgery this procedure can still cause anxiety for new parents. We understand and take seriously the care we provide to your newborn in performing infant circumcision.
- Endometrial ablation: using a lighted viewing instrument along with other instruments, doctors perform endometrial ablation as an effective treatment for women suffering from heavy menstrual bleeding. This procedure is done to destroy the lining of your uterus and in many instances is a viable alternative for hysterectomy and doubles as a minimally invasive procedure with a very short recovery time.
Some of these complex gynecological surgeries that we perform, once required long recovery times and hospital stays as well as cause large scars due to the incisions. Today the doctors at Beaches OB GYN are highly experienced in performing minimally invasive procedures with the help of laparoscopic tools and robotic assistance. These advances allow the doctor’s to perform the procedure through tiny incisions that result in much shorter recovery times and very short hospital stays (sometimes performed as outpatient procedures).
Beaches OB/GYN offers superior gynecology services in a relaxing and private office environment. We are proud of the personalized services and attention we are able to provide.
Doctor Bordelon and Doctor Rodriguez, along with Bonni Titcomb, ARNP, have over 50 years combined experience in serving the gynecologic health and well-being needs of women of all ages.
Contact us today at Beaches OB GYN to learn more about our gynecology services and well woman care or to set up an appointment to meet with the gynecologist.